The consistent excellence of the Shay Murtagh team is what makes us the leaders in our industry.
Being a collaborating partner in a range of upcoming projects across Ireland and Great Britain there are some very exciting times ahead at Shay Murtagh. We’re looking for passionate, dynamic individuals to join our team and become leaders in our company and the field of Precast Concrete Solutions.
Constructing Your Career
Exciting things are happening at Shay Murtagh Precast. We have available opportunities across a range of departments. If you believe you have what it takes to excel in the field of Precast Concrete Solutions contact us today.
What We Can Offer
A dynamic and fast-paced workplace with an emphasis on continuous improvement. You’ll joined a progressive team of highly skilled, self-motivated individuals and work on a diverse range of projects for clients across Ireland and the UK.
Why Work for Shay Murtagh
Shay Murtagh is a diverse and fast growing business and we want you to grow with us. We can offer you an excellent platform to embark on your career with our multi-faceted facility. We offer a competitive salary, discretionary bonus, reduced fuel costs with Topaz, cycle to work scheme and a fun, challenging working atmosphere with a strong focus on continuous professional development throughout your career.
We are always in search of experienced and qualified people for the following roles, and while we are not actively recruiting for these positions at the moment, we welcome applications from those with suitable experience and qualifications.
- Quality Assurance & Compliance
- Mechanic (Plant & Truck Equipment)
- Steel Fabricators & Welders
If you believe you have the skills, experience and passion to join the Shay Murtagh Team, please email your cover letter and updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shay Murtagh Precast have an exciting opportunity for suitable applicants to join our Graduate Engineer Programme. The successful candidate will learn and develop new skills and knowledge through a combination of on the job, design office based and specific projects.
The individual we are seeking, should have a Structural or Civil engineering background, with demonstrated mathematical and technical skills and the ability to think methodically, to design, plan and manage projects. Excellent verbal and written communication & interpersonal skills is required for this role.
We are proud to support people at the beginning of their career journey so if you have recently graduated or are due to graduate with a civil engineering, construction management or commercial/quantity surveying degree and you are passionate about building a career in our field please apply via this form or email your up-to-date CV and application letter to email@example.com.
In addition to this, we also have Experienced Engineer positions available. If you are looking for the right to move to accelerate or enhance your career with the largest precast Company in Ireland & UK, well then your search is over.
At Shay Murtagh Precast, it is our team that brings value to each of our projects and carries the long-standing reputation of the Shay Murtagh brand with precise professionalism and communication driven by our core values that we are customer focused, we respect and empower our people and we are dedicated to excellence and continuous improvement.
You will be joining a very dynamic, diverse and hard-working team with further job opportunities and job progression, job security and job satisfaction working on some of the largest and bespoke precast concrete projects in Ireland and the UK.
You will be tasked with working as a hands on Production Operative in the construction, installation and modification of precast concrete structures, on a day to day basis, in a busy manufacturing environment. Working as part of the production team in the factory, undertaking all duties as directed by their manager/supervisor. You will play a key role in production, storage, cleaning, Health & Safety, Quality and all other tasks as directed by management. This role will involve working to challenging production targets and a good work ethic is required.
If you believe you have the right work ethic and have previous work experience in our sector, please apply for this role via the form or email your up-to-date CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be tasked with the effective and accurate management of our Maintenance (Plant & Equipment) and Fabrication functions and will also make a key contribution to the overall management of the Company and take on a real decision-making position. This role is responsible for the preparation, scheduling, monitoring and recording of the maintenance & fabrication functions, and ensuring the resources available to these functions are utilised fully and perform as efficiently and effectively as possible, in a busy manufacturing environment.
Maintenance (Plant & Equipment) and Fabrication
- Analyse all plant and equipment within Shay Murtagh Precast, compile a robust asset register list taking into account relevant documentation and regulatory requirements in conjunction with the C.I Team
- Develop the plant and equipment register into a robust preventative maintenance programme that is operational and functional for all areas of the business.
- Ability to analyse production processes, establish areas of weakness or fault and develop corrective actions to ensure production process are efficient with minimum downtime.
- Undertake effective planning and prioritisation of workload wherever necessary and that resources are used to optimum effect.
- Allocation of manpower within the Plant, Equipment and fabrication teams to be analysed against work requirements and followed up if there is deficits.
- Proven ability to problem solve in a busy production-based environment.
- Responsible for the inspection all lifters and lifting equipment supplied to clients for site and SM factories. This also includes the certification of the equipment and accurate recording on Company ERP system.
- Scheduling and management of Planned shutdowns for maintenance of any of the plant in conjunction with Supervisors and Management
- To ensure that all employees within the maintenance & fabrication team, meet and exceed established health & safety standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Support the production team in achieving targets while closely monitoring line and machine performance and plan for future maintenance or process improvement.
- Demonstrates the ability to plan and prioritise workload in order to meet required deadlines and performance standards.
- Playing an integral part of the procurement process within remit, for machine parts, documentation of stock, maintenance of spare parts and develop a robust system to document the stock register.
- Analyse and report on key Maintenance metrics to management
- Manage new and existing projects while pro-actively contributing to the Shay Murtagh team, improvement or new projects to add value to the business.
- Excellent administration and documentation management skills are very important for this role.
- Training (as required) – deliver training to personnel, on relevant areas and internally developed programmes, as and when required
- Attend ongoing CPD in conjunction with requirement of your role and strategy of the Company. The Company is agreeable to supporting you in the “lifting equipment inspection” course and Green Belt Certification.
Skills & Qualities
- Experience within a maintenance/mechanical/fitter background, preferably with experience in Precast concrete elements or construction & manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and technical skills.
- Ability to think methodically, plan and manage projects.
- Proven team player with excellent verbal and written communication & interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, balance priorities, and meet strict deadlines is essential and being highly motivated and willing to take on new challenges.
- Proficient in Lean principles/methodology and Microsoft packages – will develop.
- Excellent time management skills, mange workload efficiently and effectively.
- The successful candidate will hold a very important and vital role to our operation, ensuring that all our heavy industry products, are delivered to our customers, in the correct manner, with correct documentation and transport specifications.
- Work under tight deadlines, with problem-solving skills if issues or problems occur.
- Work as part of the transport team in managing the dispatch area in a prompt manner.
- Assisting with the transport manager in sharing the workload of out of hours calls is essential as part of this role.
- Booking boats for heavy haulage and rectification teams. Conducted in a timely fashion to ensure we are getting value for money, we are choosing the right sailings and our product always reaches our client on time.
- Responsible for management of downloading drivers digi-cards and infringements on a monthly basis. Discuss these individual reports with drivers, take corrective action where required, both parties sign and file for record keeping.
- Monitor drivers walkaround checks and that they are completed using company software provided. Weekly review of subcontractor’s trailer number onsite in SMPL is also required.
- Work with and liaise with maintenance team in scheduling CVRT for trailers, trucks and vans and the scheduling of services and 12 week checks for same, whilst updating Jarvis with service details and invoice.
- Liaising with the transport and maintenance team in the garage and offsite for items like tachographs, CVRT, maintenance issues from Clockwatcher from walkarounds.
- Management of maintenance and vehicle paperwork is extremely important. Updating ERP system is critical in areas like defects, maintenance issues, emails uploaded as they come in from fleetmaintenance.ie and assigned accordingly with necessary photographs and backup. Keep in communication with transport manager and onsite garage
- Assist the team when organising and transporting large scale projects in the areas of planning routes, load scheduling, allocating and recording resources and movements, booking ferry routes, managing time and budget on the above etc.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- All documentation complies with in-house standards, best practice and legislative requirements.
- Record keeping, schedules, fleet and maintenance systems and invoicing plays a very important part of this role and as such, attention to detail and excellent organisation skills is a must for this role.
- Enthusiastic and motivated individual who has the strong ability to effectively manage the transport function as part of an overall team.
Skills & Experience
- Excellent transport/logistics/haulage knowledge, communication and administration skills are critical to this role.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a transport/logistics environment.
- Transport Manager CPC would be an advantage.
- Team player with ability to work on own initiative and excellent attention to detail.
- Up to date driving licence with no endorsements is required.
- Mechanical knowledge for this position would be an advantage
- Ability to work in fast paced environment is essential.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and attention to detail skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills and have the ability to effectively communicate at all levels.
- Strong computer skills including excel and ust have exceptional organisational skills.
Quality Technician is the champion for quality within all production areas. The Quality Technician represents the client’s expectations in terms of product adherence to their requirements and legal/industry requirements
The Quality Technician works closely with all operational functions in the business to ensure quality levels are continually improved and that the company’s goals to reduce the cost of quality, eliminate customer complaints and reduce manufacturing costs are achieved.
- Promote and foster a right first-time culture across the manufacturing operation.
- Monitor quality levels across all products to ensure customer requirements are being achieved.
- Operate the Non-Conformance system and process within the production environment.
- Develop and maintain a system for identifying mom-conforming and out of specification product, recording the NCR, timely communication to the QA manager and implementation of corrective and preventative actions.
- Provide real-time feedback and communication to production teams, engineers and design team, on Quality related issues.
- Develop a system for final inspection of all products prior to ex-works shipping.
- Develop a system for in-process inspection and provide support for production teams.
- Monitoring of quality trends and issues as highlighted within the quality KPIs.
- Work with post production team to track and inspect required remedial works has been carried out.
- Maintain ongoing data collection in relation to post production problems on a daily basis and as determined by the evolving production.
- Assist the Quality team in developing appropriate SOPs to address any required changes aimed to improve and maintain quality levels.
- Participate and assist in the investigation of customer complaints including root cause analysis and the determination of appropriate and cost effective corrective/preventative actions.
- Support the training of staff in relation to quality, operational and manufacturing requirements.
- Work on continuous improvement projects as directed by the operations team.
- Maintain a high standard of safety and housekeeping within this role and that of the Post Production team, and ensure area, and equipment are maintained in a safe and clean condition. Correct and/or report unsafe conditions or other faults.
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills are essential
- Good command of the English language
- Excellent interpersonal skills – listening, problem solving, decision making, assertiveness, responsibility
- Ability to work with other team member as part of the wider team.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft systems – word/excel/PowerPoint/email
As part of this role, the Company is committed to supporting you in your continued development into this role and will assist in training programmes like QMS Introduction, Internal Auditing, IT (excel), train the trainer etc, once it fulfils the requirements of your role.
Work Activities & Responsibilities
- The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for processing accounts payable invoices and performing creditor reconciliations.
- Liase with other functions on AP/Purchasing issues
- Creditor reconciliations
- Posting and verification of Credit cards and Reconciliations
- Processing Accounts Receivable and incoming payment in compliance with companies’ procedures
- Monthly KPI and Management Reporting
- Ad hoc tasks as required to support the Group Finance Function
- Back up for colleagues as necessary.
- Self-motivated and meticulous, you must also have the ability to prioritise your workload effectively and maintain good accurate records.
- Excellent knowledge of Sage 2000 along with good IT skills including Microsoft packages and ERP Systems
- Possess good organisation, planning and time management skills, a flexible approach and the ability to work on your own initiative.
- Willingness for personal development, in addition to technical skills as part of your commitment to ongoing self-improvement as part of your CPD.
- Any other appropriate responsibilities as required by the job function.
Skills & Qualities For the role:
- Minimum of 3 years (ideally 4 years) direct accounting experience
- At a minimum, educated to a leaving certificate level (or similar with business/finance subjects) and ideally looking towards progressing onto Accounting Technician level
- Excellent verbal, written communication & interpersonal skills.
- A broad knowledge of accounting and financial control principles and their business applications
- Ability to work under pressure, balance priorities, and meet strict deadlines is essential and being highly motivated and willing to take on new challenges. Flexibility and willingness to help other colleagues to meet deadline.
- Team player and ability to work as part of a multi-cultural team
- Good judgement & problem solving ability and is capable of understanding the impact of sound decision making on both Shay Murtagh and our Customers
- Graduate & Junior Civil/Mechanical Engineers – available from August 2022
- Production Operatives – available from August 2022
- Maintenance Engineer – available from August 2022
- Transport Planner – available from August 2022
- HGV Drivers (Part/Full Time) Ireland & UK – available from August 2022
- Accounts Assistant – available from January 2023
Apply for the job
Mission - Vision - Values
“Proven commitment to consistent on time delivery of infrastructure”
Across all our companies there is a common set of values which unite all of our team members to enable us to achieve our common goals.Read More