The consistent excellence of the Shay Murtagh team is what makes us the leaders in our industry.
Being a collaborating partner in a range of upcoming projects across Ireland and Great Britain there are some very exciting times ahead at Shay Murtagh. We’re looking for passionate, dynamic individuals to join our team and become leaders in our company and the field of Precast Concrete Solutions.
Constructing Your Career
Exciting things are happening at Shay Murtagh Precast. We have available opportunities across a range of departments. If you believe you have what it takes to excel in the field of Precast Concrete Solutions contact us today.
What We Can Offer
A dynamic and fast-paced workplace with an emphasis on continuous improvement. You’ll joined a progressive team of highly skilled, self-motivated individuals and work on a diverse range of projects for clients across Ireland and the UK.
Why Work for Shay Murtagh
Shay Murtagh is a diverse and fast growing business and we want you to grow with us. We can offer you an excellent platform to embark on your career with our multi-faceted facility. We offer a competitive salary, discretionary bonus, reduced fuel costs with Topaz, cycle to work scheme and a fun, challenging working atmosphere with a strong focus on continuous professional development throughout your career.
We are always in search of experienced and qualified people for the following roles, and while we are not actively recruiting for these positions at the moment, we welcome applications from those with suitable experience and qualifications.
- Quality Assurance & Compliance
- Mechanic (Plant & Truck Equipment)
- Steel Fabricators & Welders
If you believe you have the skills, experience and passion to join the Shay Murtagh Team, please email your cover letter and updated CV to email@example.com
Shay Murtagh Precast have an exciting opportunity for suitable applicants to join our Graduate Engineer Programme. The successful candidate will learn and develop new skills and knowledge through a combination of on the job, design office based and specific projects.
The individual we are seeking, should have a Structural or Civil engineering background, with demonstrated mathematical and technical skills and the ability to think methodically, to design, plan and manage projects. Excellent verbal and written communication & interpersonal skills is required for this role.
We are proud to support people at the beginning of their career journey so if you have recently graduated or are due to graduate with a civil engineering, construction management or commercial/quantity surveying degree and you are passionate about building a career in our field please apply via this form or email your up-to-date CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to this, we also have Experienced Engineer positions available. If you are looking for the right to move to accelerate or enhance your career with the largest precast Company in Ireland & UK, well then your search is over.
At Shay Murtagh Precast, it is our team that brings value to each of our projects and carries the long-standing reputation of the Shay Murtagh brand with precise professionalism and communication driven by our core values that we are customer focused, we respect and empower our people and we are dedicated to excellence and continuous improvement.
You will be joining a very dynamic, diverse and hard-working team with further job opportunities and job progression, job security and job satisfaction working on some of the largest and bespoke precast concrete projects in Ireland and the UK.
You will be tasked with working as a hands on Production Operative in the construction, installation and modification of precast concrete structures, on a day to day basis, in a busy manufacturing environment. Working as part of the production team in the factory, undertaking all duties as directed by their manager/supervisor. You will play a key role in production, storage, cleaning, Health & Safety, Quality and all other tasks as directed by management. This role will involve working to challenging production targets and a good work ethic is required.
If you believe you have the right work ethic and have previous work experience in our sector, please apply for this role via the form or email your up-to-date CV and application letter to email@example.com
You will be tasked with the effective and accurate management of our Maintenance (Plant & Equipment) and Fabrication functions and will also make a key contribution to the overall management of the Company and take on a real decision-making position. This role is responsible for the preparation, scheduling, monitoring and recording of the maintenance & fabrication functions, and ensuring the resources available to these functions are utilised fully and perform as efficiently and effectively as possible, in a busy manufacturing environment.
Maintenance (Plant & Equipment) and Fabrication
- Analyse all plant and equipment within Shay Murtagh Precast, compile a robust asset register list taking into account relevant documentation and regulatory requirements in conjunction with the C.I Team
- Develop the plant and equipment register into a robust preventative maintenance programme that is operational and functional for all areas of the business.
- Ability to analyse production processes, establish areas of weakness or fault and develop corrective actions to ensure production process are efficient with minimum downtime.
- Undertake effective planning and prioritisation of workload wherever necessary and that resources are used to optimum effect.
- Allocation of manpower within the Plant, Equipment and fabrication teams to be analysed against work requirements and followed up if there is deficits.
- Proven ability to problem solve in a busy production-based environment.
- Responsible for the inspection all lifters and lifting equipment supplied to clients for site and SM factories. This also includes the certification of the equipment and accurate recording on Company ERP system.
- Scheduling and management of Planned shutdowns for maintenance of any of the plant in conjunction with Supervisors and Management
- To ensure that all employees within the maintenance & fabrication team, meet and exceed established health & safety standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Support the production team in achieving targets while closely monitoring line and machine performance and plan for future maintenance or process improvement.
- Demonstrates the ability to plan and prioritise workload in order to meet required deadlines and performance standards.
- Playing an integral part of the procurement process within remit, for machine parts, documentation of stock, maintenance of spare parts and develop a robust system to document the stock register.
- Analyse and report on key Maintenance metrics to management
- Manage new and existing projects while pro-actively contributing to the Shay Murtagh team, improvement or new projects to add value to the business.
- Excellent administration and documentation management skills are very important for this role.
- Training (as required) – deliver training to personnel, on relevant areas and internally developed programmes, as and when required
- Attend ongoing CPD in conjunction with requirement of your role and strategy of the Company. The Company is agreeable to supporting you in the “lifting equipment inspection” course and Green Belt Certification.
Skills & Qualities
- Experience within a maintenance/mechanical/fitter background, preferably with experience in Precast concrete elements or construction & manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and technical skills.
- Ability to think methodically, plan and manage projects.
- Proven team player with excellent verbal and written communication & interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, balance priorities, and meet strict deadlines is essential and being highly motivated and willing to take on new challenges.
- Proficient in Lean principles/methodology and Microsoft packages – will develop.
- Excellent time management skills, mange workload efficiently and effectively.
Mission - Vision - Values
“Proven commitment to consistent on time delivery of infrastructure”
Across all our companies there is a common set of values which unite all of our team members to enable us to achieve our common goals.Read More