The Chelmer Viaduct project is a £28m investment by Chelmsford City Council to increase capacity along the viaduct, reducing congestion and making the road safer.
- Posted by Gillian Murtagh Posted on 07 Mar 2017 0 Comments Read More
Shay Murtagh Precast Were Contracted By R.J McLeod To Manufacture And Deliver Culverts To Dean Road Bridge. R.J McLeod Ltd. (Contractors) Was Awarded The Contract To Construct The Bridge In May 2014.
- Posted by Admin User Posted on 27 Aug 2015 0 Comments Read More
Shay Murtagh Precast recently manufactured and supplied a bespoke headwall project in Glasgow installed by P&S Civils/Cleantech as part of the Shawfield Masterplan Scheme.
- Posted by Gillian Murtagh Posted on 07 May 2015 0 Comments Read More
The Reading Viaduct Development superstructure is massive and it has taken 30 weeks to build as pointed out by Project Director for Balfour Beatty Billy Smith in a recent interview with The Rail Engineer. This 2km structure built in such a timeline is a tremendous success and Shay Murtagh Precast are delighted to have been
- Posted by Gillian Murtagh Posted on 18 Dec 2014 0 Comments Read More
The Environment Agency and Northumberland County Council are working in partnership to reduce the risk of flooding in Morpeth. Birse Civils and Halcrow were contracted to deliver a flood scheme to protect over 1,000 homes and businesses in Morpeth. Once complete this scheme will protect the community of Morpeth from upto a 1 in 137
- Posted by Gillian Murtagh Posted on 15 Apr 2014 0 Comments Read More
In the last number of weeks Shay Murtagh Precast have begun shipping to the Reading Viaduct Redevelopment. We have been awarded the prestigious contract by Balfour Beatty Major Civils to manufacture and deliver concrete bridge beams and precast concrete culverts to this significant rail project estimated at £895m.
- Posted by Gillian Murtagh Posted on 28 Nov 2013 0 Comments Read More
The M50 (Phase 2) PPP Contract comprises the design, construction, operation, maintenance and financing of the upgrade of approximately 24 km of the existing two lane carriage-way to three lane standard; the provision of auxiliary lanes between the M1 and N3 junction and between the N7 and Scholarstown junctions; the major upgrade of the junctions
- Posted by Gillian Murtagh Posted on 17 May 2013 0 Comments Read More
This week Steve details the other applications of concrete box culvert structures. Examples include structures such as UAN and portal frames.
- Posted by Gillian Murtagh Posted on 10 Apr 2013 0 Comments Read More
This week, Steve takes a look at the different ways to optimise box culvert design such as exposure class, cover to reinforcement and the detail of waterproofing. Also the use of high grade high strength concrete and its effect on stress limit checks.
- Posted by Gillian Murtagh Posted on 03 Apr 2013 0 Comments Read More
This week, Steve explains the basic load requirement to design a box culvert – Self weight of precast box culvert, vertical weight such as fill as most box culverts are buried and earth pressure. He briefly explains vehicular, pedestrian loads including braking or tracking load detail.
- Posted by Gillian Murtagh Posted on 27 Mar 2013 0 Comments Read More